Monday, August 2, 2021

Rather Long Delay

 Hello!  I apologize for the long delay since my last post!  I have received a couple of special requests and have been busily knitting.  For some reason, during this long session of isolation and restrictions, I have been more inclined to sit in my knitting chair instead of my computing chair.  But - here I am with a few pictures that should have been posted a long time ago!  As I mentioned I lost some of the photos I took near the end of our trip to the UK.  Our UK friend has been kind enough to send me some that he took - Hurray!  So here we go - back to last September.

This is not a picture from our trip - but I HAD to show you!  This is a photo of the 17th hole on a golf course near David's place in the UK - where he has actually gone golfing.  He didn't mention how is score was.  I showed Poppa and he said he didn't think he was qualified to golf there!  Just "Wow".
This is a snapshot of those exotic sheep that live in a meadow near David and Allison's house.  Aren't they wonderful?  Just look at all that wool, waiting to be knit into something!
A picture of David and Allison's "cottage".  This is the place I call the "mini-castle" - because that is just what it feels like when you are inside!  I loved every second we spent there!
Oh my gosh!  This is a glimpse of the glory of Chatsworth Hall, where the Duke and Duchess of Somerset call home!  Can you even imagine living in such splendor?
The view from another angle....this picture hangs on the wall there, so visitors can see the expanse of the building and the property.
But the interior is even more impressive, between the decor and artwork it is breath-taking!
Here is a picture of myself and Poppa - see?  We were really there!
Another awesome collection of family pictures.

The expansive skylight - how beautiful!

Poppa and me looking down from the top of the majestic staircase.

Luxury living at its best!

This is the ceiling in the grand entrance!  Just imagine!

I would go back in a flash if I had the opportunity.  Our whole trip was filled with marvelous experiences which I will never forget!


1 comment:

  1. Fabulous post. I bet Phil would have fun trying that golf course. What an experience that must be.
    The mini-castle looks just what I imagine a wonderful UK home should look. Love.
    Yes, the sheep are marvelous!
    And the rest ... wow! It certainly is another world. I do so hope you get to go again.

    ReplyDelete