Tuesday, August 31, 2021

More Knitting

 You may have seen some of these before - just bear with me... I spent some time today organizing my pictures, so it shouldn't happen again ... unless I get way behind again!

Aunt Peggy's long-time and very good friend Robbie, asked me to knit an outfit for a little girl baby.  That same baby will be turning 1 year old in December - and Robbie asked if I could make another outfit for her!  Since we have until December to deliver the present for that important birthday, I decided to knit a couple of outfits so Robbie could have a choice.  When I was looking for patterns, I found three I liked.  The one above is from Mary Maxim and I have made it before and liked the end product, so I decided I would do it this time too.

This is the back view.  I call this one Little Bow Peep.

This is a new pattern for me - but I'm quite pleased with the end result - a more traditional cardigan with color transitions which give it a boost from traditional.  In case you are wondering, Robbie requested a tam instead of a bonnet, since the little girl will be a year old...so each sweater has a matching tam.  I call this one: Mary had a little tam.

The final option:  I call this one Shirley Temple because it just makes me think of some of the adorable outfits she wore in those old movies - does anyone else remember those??

I'm pretty sure I posted this one before, but I'm not sure and didn't take the time to check.  This one has already gone to the hospital gift shop.

As has this peachy, little butterfly.

A cute set for a little baby boy.

Pretty in pink for a baby girl!

What's up butter cup?

Little boy blue!

Three guys out golfing - Poppa is in the middle.

1 comment:

  1. How is Robbie?! I think of her often.
    All the little outfits are absolutely adorable! There's just something about the Shirley Temple one though that I especially love.
    Sounds like it is going to be good golfing weather for awhile.

    ReplyDelete