Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Kiss the Palm Trees Goodbye

We went for our last swim this afternoon. I'm sure going to miss that pool! The temperature today reached 94F and the water felt great! Gramps has a wonderful swim set with a view of my favourite Florida sight - palm trees!


We're all packed...the car is full! I'm guessing the gas mileage on the trip home is not going to be as good as it was coming down. What did I buy you ask? Well....I bought a small printer for my laptop. It takes up a lot of space and is heavy.....honest. Well, all right, Munchie may not need to buy any clothes at all until next winter. Poppa is going to be very well dressed, and I may have gotten a thing or two for myself.

Last night we went to Bob Evans for supper because we - well we just didn't feel like making it here. Tonight we went to the Olive Garden where we wished Granny a happy early birthday. She had a lot of mashed potatoes with her meal and seemed pleased with it all. We all got back to the villa feeling rather stuffed, but managed to get the car packed anyway - whew!

Tomorrow we expect to be off bright and early and on our way to the west end of Tennessee. Hopefully the weather isn't too bad - they are calling for severe storms in part of the country we have to pass through.

Munchkin is doing all sorts of strange things these days. I sent a little sleeper with lion feet and he has been roaring a lot. Apparently he also feels the need to try and pick the little critters off the sleepers. Mama caught him doing this and teased him until he laughed for her. More interesting - I hear he is starting to get up on his hands and knees and "skooch" across the floor. Skooch is Mama's word. I understand it to mean that he isn't really crawling, but is managing to wriggle around just the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment