Friday, April 24, 2009

Three Day Work Week

I thought I'd post this picture of bath time at Nanna's house on the Easter weekend, just because I like it - we both had fun - I got soaked and Munchie got nice and clean and smelled so good when we were finished. He had great fun eating his tub toys and splashing while I attempted to give him his bath. I found myself kind of rusty at that business - but we managed anyway.

Since I am working only three days per week now, I find myself with Thursday and Friday freed up. So yesterday (Thursday) I accompanied Poppa to Toronto for some visiting. We stopped in to see Denis & Liz (the cousins we met in Florida a couple of times). Denis was out on the road someplace, but we visited for a few minutes with Liz, Andre, Ashlee and little Matthew. Matthew is three months older than our little Munchkin and it was a treat to see him.

Then we went over to visit Poppa's other cousin - George, who live in an extended care facility. We found him doing quite well. It was the first time I had seen his "new" place and it was quite pleasant.
We followed that visit with one to Poppa's Aunt Rita who lives in a retirement home. She has a lovely little apartment where she gets her meals in a common dining room, but has her own space. Her building is fairly new and is very nice - including amenities such as a very large hot tub, mail boxes - just like a fancy apartment building.
Our last scheduled stop was Munchkin's house. Shortly after we arrived Poppa went to the specialty coffee shop to get a treat for Mama and himself. This left me with some quality time with little Munchkin - we played nicely and practiced climbing on the coffee table. I found him to be quite adept at this, except for the fact that he forgot sometimes to hold on and that could have been catastrophic if Nanna hadn't been holding on to him! When Poppa returned with the coffee, Mama took a few minutes and just relaxed while Munchie and I played. As soon as Poppa finished his coffee he took over - so Mama and I did some laundry and had a chat.

We arrived home about 8:30pm to find a message on the phone saying that Great Gramma Robert had been returned to her "home" at Leisure World...which was good news. Poppa went over to visit her today and found her feeling quite well and very happy to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment