Friday, April 24, 2009

Meanwihile...

...I bet you are wondering why there has been no mention of knitting in ages! Trust me, it isn't because I haven't been knitting. I was part way finished a new pair of socks for Granny when I received a request to knit a blanket for a special baby. So I have been working on that. I am using Bernat Baby Sport. It is reasonably priced, lovely and soft and comes in huge skeins so that only one is required to make a nice sized baby blanket. The pattern has arrows and cables and is interesting without being too challenging (that means I can still watch TV while knitting). Blankets are fun to make - once you get in the groove you just keep knitting. Hopefully I will have this done in a couple of weeks and can get back to Granny's socks.

I packaged up Auntie Colleen's socks today and hope to deliver them Monday. Those were the ones with the cuff in primary colours.....I hope she still likes them!

Speaking of knitting - which tends to make a person think of cool weather...it has been kind of chilly lately and the other day Squeegie donned his cap before we went out. This caused Taffy to want her hood up and the end result was kind of cute.

1 comment:

  1. Aunt Colleen loves her socks. She put them on right away as soon as she found the package. Thank you!

    What a pretty blanket.

    ReplyDelete