Wednesday, September 16, 2009

What's Up?

Well...there is actually a lot happening these days. I have been busy at work, since there has been some staff away for one reason or another, and some in training - leaving a larger work load than normal. It has been a busy time - but rather fun, since I get the chance to do some things that I don't normally do any more. It keep life interesting and provides a bit more challenge than the usual stuff that I do all the time. Munchie wondered why I hadn't been down to visit the last two time that Poppa went, and decided he would hone up his computer skills to see if he could come to give me a hand. It looks like he is getting quite good at it, and Mamma was telling me that he has the knack of turning his computer off and on again fine-tuned - as well as the ability to turn up the volume. That sounds like a good start and I'm sure he will be helping me in no time! Maybe, he will be able to post some blogs for me, since I seem to be hopelessly lax lately.

We went wild last weekend and actually made it to the flower shop and bought a couple of plants for our front patio - you know the one that Poppa worked so hard on - and then we ran out of time to make it beautiful. The end result isn't exactly perfect, but at least it cheers it up and gives us an idea of what we want to do for next year. I am especially fond of the little red flowers on the table - I have no idea what kind of plant it is, and it was ridiculously expensive, but it looks just like I wanted it to. The large pot of mums was just an easy fall choice and provides lot of colour.

Here are the bears, first thing in the morning - getting ready to start their day. We had a hard time getting them rousted out - they were snuggled up together and were nice and warm. Squeegie complained bitterly that it was chilly in the bedroom and he didn't want to get out from under the covers. They look kinda cute, but it was time to get going, so we had to haul them out and convince them to get dressed.

Auntie Colleen has been really busy lately, making cards for a big event that is coming up, so I haven't gotten as many pictures as I'm used to. So I looked through the file folder with all her pictures in it, and decided to share this one with you. Auntie Colleen and Uncle Shaun like to collect quirky and unusual birdhouses. They have a local artist's shop that they visit in the spring, where they usually discover a new, wonderful addition. I'm not sure when they got this specimen - but I love it for its uniqueness. According to the dialogue that came with the photo, it is empty and available for an equally unique bird family to move into.

Regarding that important event that is looming on the horizon..... on Saturday, September 19th, 2009 ...... Mamma and Daddad are taking the plunge and getting married! Gramma is being more than generous and providing her own beach for the ceremony........and allowing all the guests to converge on her backyard. The dress had been bought and altered. Arrangements have been made for suitable attire for Daddad and Munchie. Now - we are all awaiting the big day. I will be sure to get lots of pictures - although I may have to ask Granny Maureen to help me with that, since I have been assigned the task of keeping an eye on Munchie while Mamma and Daddad are otherwise occupied. Since Granny Maureen is great with both the camera and the kids - I am thinking I will ask for her assistance that day. Now we are all praying for good weather and sunny skies for the bride-to-be and her special fiance! And here is our little family - all together in Gramma's pool.
We finally got the bears dressed and into the car for a trip
into town for breakfast. Of course, we got them all settled into the car and then Poppa thought of a thousand little things he had to do, just before we left. Squeegie and Taffy sat in the car -
Squeegie quite impatiently - and little Taffy quite patiently - and waited until Poppa was ready and then we headed into town. Of course, by then, Squeegie was starving and wanted a hungry-man breakfast.
Finally, here is a picture of Poppa with his much-loved and prized 2001 Lincoln Continental. For those of you who are not car-buffs - Ford no longer makes Continentals. They have introduced several new models - which of course, are smaller and more fuel-efficient - in keeping with today's trends. After much thought and consideration, Poppa decided that since we could no longer get parts for his Continental, and having them specially fabricated is costly, that it was time to deal the car for a new vehicle. He went and picked up his new vehicle today. He stopped in to show Mamma and Munchkin before he brought it home. I took it for a little spin. And, then Poppa, Squeegie and Taffy all climbed in and went into town to show Kev-Inn. Due to all this activity, I didn't have time to get any pictures of the new one for you - but I will do that - probably after the wedding.

1 comment:

  1. I love the porch and the flowers. Those are Gerbera Daisies, aren't they? It's difficult to tell but I lovelovelove them.

    Actually we get the birdhouses on the Fall Images Studio Tour. Which is coming up very soon! Yay!!! Unfortunately no more birdhouse because the kids who made them are all grown up and don't make them anymore. Lucky we got ours when we did. But there's lots of other cool stuff and I can hardly wait!

    ReplyDelete