Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Destination Villa

We passed the bank and headed back the way we had come - there wasn't much necessity to take a lot of pictures this time, except that Poppa stopped to see if he could spot the alligator....

....but I wasn't really that keen on finding that alligator, and I got so far ahead of him before I noticed that he was still looking for a prehistoric reptile....


.....that I got bored waiting.  Using Uncle Shaun as an example, I looked around for something interesting to photograph, and found this.......


...which I thought was very interesting........take note of the palm trees, they're everywhere!  Eventually Poppa gave up waiting for the reptile to put in an appearance, and he caught up to me.  Up the road we went, only to be hailed by this guy who was asking for directions to the nearest Longhorn Steakhouse.


Poppa gave him directions to the closest one we knew of and we continued on our way.  The only other item of note that we encountered was this meter on the end of a water pipe, just sticking up out of the ground.  Of course Poppa had to stop to check it out.  He said it showed 45 pounds of pressure, and I guessed that must be enough for whatever purpose it served.


I had to take this next picture.  It shows the growth along the side of the road, quite close to the meter above.  For some reason, whenever I see this Spanish moss hanging in the trees, my mind inevitably goes to Scarlett O'Hara and Gone With The Wind.  And then there are the palmettos, they take my mind to Florida!  They seem to grow like weeds down here, you see them everywhere....they appear in the north end of Florida, long before the real palm trees make an appearance.


After another 45 minutes or so, we got to the entrance to the gated community where "our" villa is located.


And very shortly, we arrived back "home".  It was quite a welcoming sight for both of us after that long expedition!


Thanks for sharing our stroll with us!

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of the Longhorn 'steak' for which the steakhouse got it's name. Haha!
    Thanks for sharing your stroll :)

    ReplyDelete