Monday, January 11, 2010

It's All About the Knitting!

With the weather being somewhat chillier (okay - a lot chillier!) than usual, Poppa sometimes finds himself at a loose end regarding what to do!  He decided to do his usual thing - take apart the vacuum cleaner and clean all the parts and filters, then put it back together.  Of course, Squeegie decided that he should help - so the two of them set to it.

He worked on it for quite a while and discovered that a belt was off the "picker-upper" brush (you know the one that whirls around to disturb all the dust/dirt and pick it up and throw it into the vacuum).  So he fixed that and then cleaned a gazillion parts.  While we wait for him to do that...here is the second pair of socks that I finished for Auntie Colleen.


Then I started a pair for Kev-Inn - and they are finished too.  They look like this......


Kinda bizaar aren't they?  Hee!  I never know how the patterns on these variegated yarns are going to turn out until I get knitting.......some I like more than others............I hope Kev-Inn doesn't mind these kinda unusual looking foot coverings!

Here is Squeegie inspecting some of the vacuum parts to see if Poppa did a good enough job.


Once they got it put back together, Poppa vacuumed through the villa and declared that it was working very well.  Then he moved on to the electric kettle and cleaned it all up - it boils much more quickly now!


I really hope the weather warms up soon - so he can get out and do some golfing...there really aren't enough things in the villa for him to keep fixing and cleaning!

Now, I will post this episode, and immediately following I will post the pics of the available yarn for anyone who wants socks - YARN ALERT - choose the number beside the colours you like and advise me via e-mail..........I'm trying to guess which ones everybody will choose - Hee!  Have fun!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Sister! I lurve my socks madly. What fun!

    Okay, Phil cleaning is cracking me up.

    ReplyDelete