Monday, January 4, 2010

On Our Way! (Chapter Two)

Here is the picture-ized version of my post dated December 26th, 2009:

I worked the week after our Christmas dinner - and we had a congratulatory cake-eating ceremony to honour the boss in my department.  She is retiring after 30 years of service to the company.  Then we gathered together her crew for a photo-shoot.....she is the fourth from the left in this photo of the folks I spend a large part of my life with.



We spent a good part of the week preparing and packing for our departure on Christmas Day.  The suitcases were the easy part.  The rest of the paraphenalia required for a three-month stay in Florida was the hard part.  I gathered and packed as much as I could think of and decided that if anything was forgotten we could pick it up there.  Once I had accomplished the most important part - my yarn stash components destined to travel with me......

Once all the stuff was gathered together near the back door, Poppa got busy carrying it all out to the car and finding a space to fit it in.  He started with his golf clubs, added the suitcase and then all the miscellaneous stuff, you know - camera case, knitting bag, yarn bag, computer, printer, purse, kleenex, bottles of water, bag of snacks, etc.  Oh yes!  And, last but definitely not least,  Squeegie and Taffy of course.


After an uneventful drive we reached our destination for that night.... the city where Gramma lives.  We had pre-arranged our quarters for the night and it didn't take long for the bears to get comfy and turn on the TV.


The next morning we took time to have breakfast with Gramma and Reese. along with Auntie Melissa, Uncle Russ, Uncle Craig, and Taylor.


Of course, Mummee, Daddee and little Munchie were there too.  Gramma had prepared a special breakfast which was absolutely yummy!  She had the table all decked out with a Christmas tablecloth - I told her not to do a lot of extra work, but I think perhaps she did anyway.  Nevertheless, it was yummy and little Munchie woke up from a nap just in time to get some.  He really didn't want to stop for Nanna to snap his picture, but Poppa convinced him for me.


Rather reluctantly, we finished our visit and headed down the road again.  The weather was cool, but lovely and sunny - a perfect day for a drive.  So, we ended up in Richmond, KY and again it didn't take long for the bears to make themselves at home, while Poppa and I went in search of something good to bring back to them for supper.




A good night's sleep and we would hit the road again for the next leg of the journey.

2 comments:

  1. hee. You had me confuzzled for a moment. I like the photos. Look at all that sumptious yarn.

    ReplyDelete