Saturday, November 26, 2011

Careers and Other Stuff

The Great Chef Endeavor

"Hey Mommy - I'm going to make supper tonight - OK?"
"Sure Munchie - I would appreciate that very much!" she replied.  "Hmmm.....
..........let me see what's in here that I can use for supper?  Just a minute here....
..........I think there is something away at the back.....
........this circle seemed like a good idea, but I'm getting dizzy looking at them, and I didn't leave much space to turn around....let me think.....
...maybe if I pile them up it will be easier to see exactly what is here.....
.......Oh No!  They fell over!"  "Oh No!" came a little voice from the dining room......
...."I've been sitting here patiently waiting for someone to bring me supper" said the little voice.  "I guess.....
....I might as well climb back down again and see what's going on out there."
Together the two brothers chose what to prepare and eventually supper was served and everyone sat down to eat.  Rumour has it that supper was very good and followed by banana bread.  And thus the career of Canada's next Great Chef began.
Meanwhile, life goes on at Poppa's house.  But, what is Poppa doing now?  And, where is he?
Oh!  There he is.  He found seven leaves that he had missed the last time he raked.  Well...okay....so he found that bagful and the weather was lovely so he was spending some time enjoying it before we get snow again.  Please notice that all that previous snow has melted away.  Hurray!  While he has been doing that and working on that piece of furniture he is creating, I have been knitting.  I think I have all the Christmas projects finished.  The last one I did was this one.....
.........and now I'm working on this.........
............finishing a little scarf to go with it.  I don't think either of the recipients read this blog, so I'm probably safe posting them.  In reality the pink set isn't really for Christmas - just something for a little girl that I'm fond of.  And....
...I have finished another book from Aunt Grumpy's bag.  Another good James Patterson frolick.  I highly recommend him for anyone who isn't familiar with his writing.  Now....
...Mommy is here.  She didn't bring any boys with her...so we are going to head out to do a bit of Christmas shopping.  Tomorrow I am going to Munchie's house, and while the boys are at work/daycare we will do some more shopping there.  I will be back on Wednesday.  In the meantime, should anyone want to get in touch with me, Auntie Cecile has the number.  I'll try to get some pictures and fill you in on the details of our shopping spree when I get home!

No comments:

Post a Comment