Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Blanket Progress

Mommy's friend Kat sent me 4 skeins of Bernat Cottontots in a variegated white/pink colourway to make a blanket for little Ellie.  I should have taken a picture before I started, but I was so excited to be making something that was NOT sox, that I forgot.  Not being sure how far I could knit with one skein - I decided to make strips - one from each skein.  So I did that.  Then I decided that some solid colour trim would make the blanket go from nice to special....
....I originally thought I would make a lace border to go all the way around.  Then after playing around a bit I decided I would make narrow strips as a method of connecting all the strips together....so today I started the connection....
....different camera - makes the lighting look different - the real colour is closer to the top picture - but I think the finished product will be pretty enough for..........
........little Ellie - shown here with her eyes open!  What a cutie!  The colours in her outfit are perfect for the blanket!

2 comments:

  1. Oh thats going to be a beautiful blanket for a beautiful little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little baby. The blanket is indeed perfect for her little outfit.

    ReplyDelete