Thursday, March 8, 2012

New Clothes & A Few Chores

We drove past Denis's villa last week and noticed.....
....that the flowering hedge was looking absolutely beautiful!  I wish the climate in Canada would support one of those for the front of our house!  We also noticed larger trees coming into blossom....
....amidst the spanish moss hanging on them too.  If you think Poppa expended all his energy doing chores around Denis and Liz's villa - think again!  I caught him the other day.....
....in the process of cleaning the sliding door inside.....
...and outside.  He has also done a few other things around the villa.  The owners usually spend a large portion of their vacation here doing housekeeping tasks to maintain the villa in its perfect condition.  So..Poppa thought it would be nice if he did a few of those things for them this time (since they will be coming in as soon as we leave this year!).  So....he cleaned....
.....all the dusty stuff from the grates on the fridge and under the fridge (improves airflow and increases efficiency of the appliance - so he told me!).  He also......
......wiped the dust off all the doors - since they have those little panels.  Later he....
... cleaned the washing machine - it looked like some previous guest had accidentally put the detergent in the bleach dispenser... oops!  Sticky mess in there!  It's all good now.  Another time.....
... he decided to clean the light fixtures..... we had discovered the light fixture in the living area had a burnt out bulb, so he got the ladder and....
... he climbed up, replaced the bulb, tightened the vanes and cleaned the whole thing.  Then, after washing the globe..........
.... he put it back in place.  We tested it, and had bright light and a lovely cool airflow!  Getting that ladder out inspired a lot of other projects too......but the whole thing is making me tired, so I'll save some for another blog.   While Poppa was doing all those light fixtures, I was busy....
....making this chicken casserole.  I know - it's nothing exceptional, but the colours were so pretty I just felt compelled to take a picture.  Follow-up: it tasted as good as it looks!  After it was heated - I sprinkled some cheese on top and we had supper (as soon as I got Poppa off the ladder!).  Now,  I must move on to the new clothes portion.........
.....Squeegie got a new outfit!  Yes - Squeegie!  He wanted a new orange shirt.  He hardly ever asks for clothes - just food.  I went in search of an orange shirt for him.  Couldn't find one in his size - but I did find this really cute outfit with orange in it!  Adorable - right?

1 comment:

  1. The chicken casserole looks delish.
    That may be my favourite Squeegie outfit yet.
    Taffy looks lovely as always.

    ReplyDelete