Saturday, March 24, 2012

Finished and Started

The blanket is finished.  It took much less time than I anticipated - perhaps because I had fun doing it.  Hopefully Little Ellie and her Mommy have fun using it!
Here it is all done.  The final product measures about 32" x 38" - which should be a good size to cover up a little girl when it is chilly.  After it was photographed I still had a small bit of yarn left - and I decided I would do something with it.......so.........
.... I made this little washcloth.  I didn't measure it, but it's about - well - washcloth size.  Now, what was Poppa doing while I was knitting?  Well...
....he did a little of this.....
...he waxed my car....
...he did a little of that....
....he carefully washed the house plants....this large one ....
...... and even the smaller ones.  As you can probably tell I was sneaking around taking these pictures when he didn't know.  So while I was at it, I got........
......one of Squeegie waiting for lunch.... and....
.... this one of Taffy as she was deciding what we should have for lunch.  She was a tad irritated because she wanted to fix her outfit and look directly at the camera - but I had it snapped before she even knew I was going to take it.  She doesn't like this picture because she thinks it makes her look fat.  I think she looks cute!  What else did I do, while Poppa was working so hard?   Well, I started......
........ a pair of socks for Uncle Brian.  The blue heel?  What about it?  Well, I have to make sure I have enough yarn for a person who is over six feet tall and has proportional appendages...and making the heel with a contrasting yarn saves a little of the main colour yarn for the leg and foot sections.  I'll use the same contrast for the toes and they'll look amazing!  Hee!  And - the contrast is the leftover from the socks that Auntie Denise chose - so they'll go together!

1 comment:

  1. The blanket is beautiful! And the washcloth a perfect addition.
    I thought Holly looked quite pretty with her ear bling.

    ReplyDelete