Thursday, November 13, 2014

Knitting? Of Course!

Last winter while we were in Florida, I came across a sweater pattern that called out Auntie colleen's name to me!  I just knew I had to make it for her.  Recently, I posted ......
........... this picture which was the beginning of the first sleeve.  I have been working diligently.  It is a rather complicated pattern - and required extensive use of a cable needle.  I'm always looking for a convenient place to put my cable needle between cable stitches.  And - I usually end up putting between my teeth.  After a while that becomes irritating, so I thought about it and then I....
......... found a teddy-bear part in one of my drawers - it was one I had made and then rejected because it was the wrong size.  It was already stuffed and it held my cable needle nicely, but it was too light to hang properly...........so I put two $2 coins in the bottom - kazaam - it stands up!  Then I just took a couple of pieces of cotton yarn and attached them to each side......put it around my neck and tied a knot at the correct length... and....
....... there was my cable needle in just the right location for grabbing and then sticking back in!  I'll try to come up with a prettier version later, but for right now.........
....... it sure makes the cables quicker and easier to do!  I have finished the two sleeves and.......
.......... have about 12 inches done of the body.  There are 411 stitiches on my circular needle and a long row to knit!  But, it is great fun and I am enjoying the challenge after so many pairs of socks! When the body section is long enough it will be joined to the sleeves in preparation for the yoke - which is a totally different cabled pattern.  I keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment