Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Poppa's Project

After what seems like a long wait, Poppa finally found enough time in his days to work on the kitchen cabinets.  You may recall a photo from last year - just before we left for Florida - of our kitchen with new, custom-made-by-Poppa cabinets on the bottom.  He was so busy this summer, he didn't have any available time to work on the upper cabinets.  At last, on some rainy days in the autumn, he squeezed in some time to work on them....and here he is....
 .......... installing the doors on the first unit.  What a difference it makes.....
..... in my kitchen!  I looks amazing!  Of course....
.... I had to manage for a few days with only some doors on.  The weird thing was - as I was working - my peripheral vision kept telling me that I needed to close the doors, since I could see the contents without really looking there.  It was a lot of work for Poppa, staining, varnishing, finishing and installing, but..........
......... when, at last, the curtains were hung........
....... the end result was wonderful!  Here..........
.............. is a view from another angle, and just in case you've forgotten..........
........... this is the section that started it all - two years ago - when I asked for a small-appliance cupboard - that is it at the extreme left of the picture.  As you can see by the top of these units, there is still some trim work to do on the newest cupboards on the other side of the kitchen........more pictures later when that is done.  Right now, Poppa is busy helping Uncle David to store his boat for the winter, so there will be a slight delay.

No comments:

Post a Comment