Sunday, March 13, 2016

And Back Again

I believe I left you all at the Florida Mall in the last post.  Poppa and I have both been feeling a little under the weather this week.  We're not sure if we have a bit of flu or a reaction to the yellow pollen from the pine and oak trees which is everywhere all the time - the car even looks yellow every morning - much to Poppa's dismay.  But, we did get back to the villa from the Mall.  We left the parking lot....
........ and into the lines of traffic.  Poppa decided to take a different way home, so I got a chance to take more pictures....
............ I got one of this big Publix.  We had meant to stop there on the way home, but we were in the wrong land and couldn't get over in time, so we decided to visit the Publix we were familiar with.
Hey!  Who knew?  There really is a Yellow Cab Company - it's not just in fiction novels - and the cab really is yellow!  Cool!
We drove past a Gatorade Factory which made me think of Granny.  Gatorade used to be her main drink, but I'm not sure it still is.
We passed more construction - looked like it would be another housing development.  If you can judge the state of the economic situation by the amount of construction happening - it should be good.
They do have high rises in Florida too.  I'm not sure if this is a condo building or an apartment building, but it would be fun to stay on the top floor!  Mommy used to live on the 23rd floor of an apartment building and I loved sitting on her balcony looking down at the people and the traffic.
We saw lots of palm trees - which I love to see since it means we are in a warm, sunny spot!  As you can see, there was still lots of traffic.
This wizard is still presiding over the tourist trap area.  Still lots of traffic.
I got to bop Poppa with a Punch Buggy for this yellow Volkswagon - which is not a cab!  Still a lot of traffic!
Another place to buy fresh fruit and gifts - only this one is in the   middle of the tourist area with all the souvenir shops and such.  A pretty nifty advertising gimmick - don't you think?
This little water tower is on Celebration property.  Celebration is the town Walt Disney designed as his vision of a perfect USA town.  It is quite nice there.  A lot of the homes are old-fashioned looking and there are lots of trees.
So, we stopped at the Publix near Celebration to collect the groceries we needed that day.  Publix is our favourite place to shop for groceries when we are in Florida.  They have a lot of BOGO offers there each week.  One week it was buy one bag of Reese Mini's and get one free.  I bought some - aren't you surprised?
The roads aroun Celebration are all lined with palm trees and are always well-groomed and litter-free.  There is not as much traffic either!
And soon we were back at the villa!  What is Poppa doing now???
I don't know, I was busy knitting.  Do you think I stopped to see what he was up to??





No comments:

Post a Comment