Friday, March 25, 2016

Only A Couple of Weeks.....

.......... and then we'll be on our way north again.  They have had some wintery weather up there lately - I hope it clears up before we  arrive in that vicinity!  Meanwhile, we are enjoying the wonderful Florida weather down here!  We stopped over at Denis and Liz's place....
...... so Poppa could give the little bushes he planted some water, as we had been having a dry spell.  While he was there...........
.... he checked the sprinklers...........
..... while I admired the spring flowers opening on the shrubs.  On the trip home.......
........... I was trying to get some more pictures of the interesting buildings we see when we travel, but the traffic is so thick during March break that it was almost impossible!  At about this point, Poppa decided it might be quicker to take the main highway....
.......... oops!  Maybe not such a good idea!  The line of traffic you see on the right hand side is waiting to merge with the traffic we are currently stopped in.  We are on the main highway and that line of the right is coming OUT of Disney World.  There was equally long line heading the other direction going IN to Disney!  Just the right time of day - or wrong time of day, depending on where you were heading!
I took this picture so you could see the price of gas was $1.79 US/gallon.  It has jumped up since then to $1.99/gallon - which caused our Cdn dollar to gain some, but it has since dropped again - sigh!  So, on a happier note.....
........... Taffy wore her new blouse again, but this time paired it up with white shorts and some new blue and flowered ear bows that she bought at the flea market for an extremely reasonable price.  And.....
.......... I am still knitting and reading (if you look at the bottom right of the picture you can see my book and my sun visor).  Which means.............
....... here is another pair of finished socks.  These are made from Regia Cotton - which is different from the wool socks I usually knit, but I thought I would give it a try since I liked the muted colours!  The reference is S19-16 for this pair.

No comments:

Post a Comment