Monday, March 7, 2016

Imagine This!

When Mommy was about 13 or 14, she was a rather proficient knitter.  Then life took over - she was too busy dancing, teaching, working and finally getting married and having two wonderful little boys, so the knitting was put aside and never thought of again.  Sigh!  That is - until recently.  While sitting with her i-Pad or phone or some other electronic device in her hand - she realized that she was tired of playing computer games (I'm sure she'll do that from time to time though!).  She sat there wondering what she could do in the evenings instead and thought about her old mother.  Oh my gosh! She thought about me sitting knitting every evening in front of the TV and decided she should get out her needles and create something.  Of course, after all those years, she had no idea where her knitting needles were (I suspect they got mixed in with mine - but don't tell her!), so she headed to the closest Michael's store and bought some needles and two skeins of cotton yarn.  She had decided to do some dishcloths - for two reasons!  1. She needed some new ones, and didn't want to drive to my house to get them, and 2. They are fairly easy and her knitting skills were somewhat diminished by the long time lapse since her last project.  The end result...........
....... was this very-well-done-for-being-out-of-practice dishcloth.  I understand that she has made a couple more since this one, but she hasn't sent me any pictures!  I do know for sure that she has bought at least 8 skeins of cotton yarn!  Way to go Mommy!  Isn't knitting great?  I'm so glad and proud that you are taking up your needles again.  A couple of words of wisdom - buying yarn and knitting are addictive habits!  Just to prove my point....
......... here is another pair of silly socks to be added to the Available Socks file!

No comments:

Post a Comment