Thursday, March 17, 2016

Another Happy Birthday!

Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone!!!  As luck would have it (the luck of the Irish?) today is also....
.... Taffy's birthday!  Oops!  I thought I was getting a picture, but she couldn't wait to dig into her birthday bag to find out what we bought for her.  It sure didn't take her long to get the stuff out.....
....... and drape it over the pillow so I could get a picture to show all our readers!  She has decided that you, our readers!, should get to see her wearing them, which led to the decision for her to do a fashion show for you.  So, for the next few days you'll get to see what she is wearing each day.  She wanted to start with today.....
........ so here she is with a stylish ruffled suntop paired with colour co-ordinated bright pink shorts and matching ear fluffs!  On another note, I have a small confession to make.  Sometimes....
............. I sit outside - and I'm not knitting!  Can you believe it?  But I have a really good reason!  David - the owner of our villa - read a James Patterson book featuring Alex Cross, which I had left here (since Poppa & I had both finished it).  It appears that he got hooked on Alex Cross.....
.... when we arrived this year, he made sure that I noticed, he had purchased every book in the Alex Cross series - including the very latest one - and had left them in a basket (which I think Allison bought to store her yarn in!) so that I could read any of them I wished.  So I made up a list of the Alex Cross novels in the correct sequence....
...... and started reading..... I had read the first one, and the second one, but I re-read them so I could remember what had happened - it didn't take long though since I could skim through parts of them.  I am currently reading the ninth book in the series.  They are great books for reading while on vacation.  There are no complicated details to remember, and only enough characters to keep the book interesting - not so many that you can't remember who everybody is, and an intriguing and interesting and fast-paced plot - so you don't want to put them down once you start.  I still love Lee Child novels featuring Jack Reacher - but they are a little deeper.  These are great - as I said - for a holiday in Florida.  The tricky part is that I still have eleven left to read - and I've read only two of them - and our time is now down to less than a month - so I'm going to run out of time!  However, David has promised he will make sure they are available next year so I can continue!  Hurray - thanks David!

No comments:

Post a Comment