Saturday, September 5, 2020

A whole lot of knitting....

 If you are not interested in what I have been knitting over the last while, then just skip this post!  Get ready, there is quite a lot of it - and I haven't even got pictures of it all yet.

All socks go into the sock bin, so if someone is looking for socks, I get the bin out and let them pick which pair they like.  Having said that, at this moment I will have to go and check to see which pairs are still in the bin.  I know some of them have gone to a more permanent home!
This little outfit was made and sent to the hospital in the spring time when it was still cool outside and I thought it would keep a small person warm if they went for a ride in their stroller!
This blanket was made from leftovers of a lot of previously made garments - as you can probably tell.  I used a lot of various patterns and colours as you can see!
This is self-striping yarn and I love the way it looks knitted  in this simple cardigan pattern. And - since I had enough yarn left over from the sweater I made up a little hat and some foot coverings.
Little hoodie made from self paterning yarn, all the pattern matched up until that last sleeve.......?
A close up shot so you can see the simple double seed pattern on these socks.
A bright, sunny self patterning pair of socks. Socks are my travelling projects, I knit while Poppa is shopping in Home Depot!
And, it appears he did a lot of shopping this spring - another pair!
This a a shot of my "work" area.  The orange item at the bottom of the photo is a MUST for knitting!  You can see how the projects were piling up on the "finished goods" chair.  During the COVID pandemic, the hospital has not been accepting any donated goods for the gift shop, so I am stocking them.  I have since moved them all to the cedar chest - which seems a good place for them to be!
Pretty in pink!  This is made from a vintage pattern I got from Auntie Maureen in an old Beehive pattern book
More socks - more stuff from Home Depot!
And then I decided I should also work on using up some of my dishcloth yarn.  Now - on the assumption that you have seen enough of knitting for now, I will compose a blog on another topic.  Back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment