Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Discovery!

Now here is an interesting development - apparently due to the change in position afforded by the new chair at his house, Munchkin has discovered that he has feet...and that if he stretches just the right way he can actually touch them. He is working on remembering to open his little fist so that he can grab them, but they never stay still very long, which makes it difficult.

Very chilly in Florida today...we wore jackets when we went out to get some groceries. Actually, yesterday, we were on a mission to find a Home Depot and happened to find a JoAnne's before we found the Home Depot. It was right beside a K-Mart. Since we had no idea that K-Mart even existed any more, we decided to stop in and explore. Suffice it to say that we found a few things and spent more money to bolster the American economy - in an effort to back up the new American President and his desire to set the economy back on its feet. Then I thought it would be nice to vist the JoAnne's since we were right there. Again, out came the debit card - I went looking for patterns for little boys and found a pattern I liked for myself. So I bought the yarn and the pattern book. Then we went to the Home Depot, but didn't really find anything we wanted, so we stopped at a Longhorn Steakhouse for dinner. Now - in case you don't already know - I seldom eat steak - I usually don't like it. But because of the cheese, I think, I decided to have a filet stuffed with white cheese and bacon. It was absolutely delicious - tender and cooked to perfection - really good! Anyway, by the time we got home it was time to finish off my previous project, so I could start on a sweater for ME! Hee! I've got about three inches done and I'm quite liking it so far. I'll take some pictures tomorrow so "you-all" can see what it looks like. But - I needed a cable needle (yes - there are some cables). I made do last night with a double pointed sock needle - but a cable needle is so much easier.....so...today we went to Michael's (which is really close) and I picked up a cable needle, four stitch-holders, a needle nest, a counter, some sewing needle and some thread.........oh yes ... and two balls of Patons Stretch Sock yarn which was on sale. I now have lots of knitting to do for a while! Then we went for a few groceries - which is where this story started.

Meanwhile...Munchkin had an appointment at the doctor's today for his checkup and to get another shot. He was very good, and only cried a little at shot time. He weighs 18 lbs. now and has grown another inch since his appointment in December. Here he is modelling his "Future Rock Star" outfit, while sitting in his special chair attempting to grab those elusive feet. At least - he was until Mama called him..........at which point he looked up at her and said "What Mama?"

No comments:

Post a Comment