Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Next Day..

Mumma arrived on Monday some time during the afternoon.  When she got here, I was at work, and we're not sure where Poppa was....so she took some time for herself and did whatever it was she wanted to do!  On Tuesday, she hung around the mall and the Dollar Giant...and picked up a few things.  Poppa picked me up from Aunt Peggy's and we stopped for KFC and headed home.  After supper was consumed, Mumma and I headed to Munchie's house - after a stop at the Dollar Giant where we picked up a few things that Mumma had looked at earlier.  Then we were on our way.  By the time we got there, Daddad and Munchie were both sound asleep, so we chatted for a few minutes and went to bed ourselves.

The next morning after Daddad left for work, we bundled up little Munchie and after a stop at Mumma's workplace to show off her progeny, we continued on to a big mall.  Once we were inside we took off Munchie's winter coat so he wouldn't get too hot and set out on a shopping spree.

Well, Mumma didn't actually get much of her Christmas shopping done - but she did find something she liked for her Birthday present (the birthday was in November - I was very late!), and then she found just what she needed to go with it for her Christmas present.  Munchie was as good as gold while we were shopping - just look at those big blue eyes!


We were almost ready to leave when Munchie spied something very interesting and convinced us to stop so he could check it out further.  What a riot!  He loved driving in this car with Garfield.  He seemed to know exactly what to do - and I'm sure he is already trying to convince Mumma to take him back there again!  The ride didn't seem to last very long, but he sure enjoyed it while it lasted.  He was muttering something about being a stunt driver in Hollywood as we were helping him out of the car.


But.......when we got back home he got ready for his next gig with the Diaper company and I snapped a picture while he was preparing.  He had just had his lunch and it seems that the bowl and spoon came with him to the photo shoot!  As usual the diaper looks good on him, and I imagine he will continue with that job for quite a while.  Pretty soon it was time for another day to end, and we all went off to bed again.

Early next day, we dropped Munchie off at the babysitter's and we headed out for another shopping spree.  Poppa was due to arrive around lunchtime - so we grabbed some food and headed home.  Poppa arrived there before we did - oops!  As soon as we got there, we went to the babysitters to pick up Munchie.  He was thrilled to find one of his most favourite people there and happily snuggled into Poppa's waiting arms for a lift home.


The two of them visited for a while.  Then Munchie went for a nap and Poppa and I headed home.  Wow!  After such a busy couple of weeks, my very own bed felt awfully good....and I almost slept in on Friday morning.  Luckily for me, Poppa woke me up in time to get to work!  The weekend was busy enough.  Poppa was busy fixing things and moving things.  I was trying to get some Christmas cards written and presents wrapped.  This morning I woke up and when I looked out the doors in the kitchen, this is what my world looked like!

Yep.  Our first real snow of the season.  We did pretty good this year, December 6th is late for the first snow.  They are predicting snow for the rest of the week - in fact quite a bit over night tonight.  Hopefully the plows are out so I can get to work!  My thoughts are wandering more and more frequently towards Florida!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! What a busy time you've been having. And what fun!

    ReplyDelete