Sunday, December 27, 2009

Next Day

Tonight we are in Valdosta, GA.  The weather is balmy - about 12C at 10pm.  We had great weather today, mostly sunny all the way from Kentucky - just a few clouds around Atlanta, GA.  Speaking of Atlanta..........the traffic was horrendous from Atlanta all the way to Valdosta..........a long, long trip in stop-and-go traffic for a good part of the way.  The volume of traffic was high due to holiday-ers returning home from their Christmas festivities and Boxing Day Sales.......and of course there was also the added convenience of construction with decreasing lanes, and slow speed limits, and the idiot drivers who insisted on changing lanes all the time to try to find the fastest one.  But, once we arrived here it was all good.  We walked up the street a little ways for supper and then came back to our room.  Poppa is snacking and watching TV and I am on my way to bed......well.........maybe I'll knit for a little while.  I finished a pair of socks for Kev-Inn that I had started before we left home, and now I am working on finishing a pair I started for Mama before we left home (they were a "in-the-car" project).  I just have the foot on that pair to do and then I can start a new pair for Auntie Colleen.  Incidentally, when I ran into Auntie Colleen at Gramma Grace's house, she was wearing a pair of socks I made for her last year!

1 comment:

  1. I wear my socks lots. Love them. I guess when you go right at Christmas, you are bound to hit the bad traffic. Glad all is well though.

    ReplyDelete