Friday, October 15, 2010

Another Quick Note

Hello!  I've been working all week, and I will be working again next week.  I haven't had much time to post.  I have been knitting diligently and the cardigan is getting really close to finished.  I have a back, two fronts and one arm completed, with one arm about two-thirds finished and the buttong and neck band to add.  I will try to post some pictures later.

Today I am anticipating the arrival of Mommee, Daddee, Munchie, Cujee, Auntie Muffy and Uncle Buddy!  Whew!  Munchie and his family will be here until Sunday.  Auntie Muffy is staying for a couple of weeks.  I'm sure there will be pictures of that too!

Gotta get ready for work now...........so I'll close with a picture for you..........from Auntie Colleen........here is her descriptive paragraph..........

"Jan Wheeler is a talented painter who usually shows out of her old Ontario brick farmhouse on a quiet rural road. This year they had fixed up the barn on the property and she showed inside. They'd whitewashed the walls and floor as a perfect backdrop for her work. What really pleased us, however, was seeing that they'd restored the outside of the barn. Totally. I've lived over 47 years in this area and have never seen anyone restore their barn. Instead we watch sadly as they fall apart all the more as the years slip by. But this... this is what the glorious huge buildings must have looked like when they were first built. Such a sight!"

........and here is the picture............I love this............for a multitude of reasons...........not the least of which is that I started life on a farm with one of these beautiful old barns...........and spent some happy hours playing there..............
Lovely hey!

1 comment:

  1. You are a busy woman! Love the photo of you and the boys.

    ReplyDelete