Sunday, October 10, 2010

Overalls and Other Projects

As you know, Poppa is happiest when he is undertaking some project.  Last week I went to find him at lunchtime and headed down to the workshop.........
I could see him shovelling away down there.  During the summer, when the township was putting up the playground, one of their big trucks rolled over the edge of Poppa's driveway down at the workshop, and squashed the culvert.  He decided that once he got the culvert back to its normal shape, he would pour a concrete edge to prevent similar occurrences.  First he had to dig out suitable spaces to insert some concrete blocks, put some screening in place to stop a tendency to heave with the frost, carefully place the blocks, pour cement into the holes and then top it all off with some poured concrete.  Big job requiring lots of energy expenditure.  He found that while he was on the pain meds for the oral surgery, his back didn't bother him at all - which is quite pleasant for him, since he is in some degree of discomfort all of the time.  This seemed, therefore, like a good time to work on this labour-intensive task.
Way too much work for me!  I'd rather be knitting....oh yes...........here are the overalls...........
The straps are wonky in the picture - I just noticed.  I haven't sewn the buttons on so they weren't done up - ergo they look different lengths - they are really the same.

Remember that garage door Poppa was working on a while back?  It was all peeling and yucky looking??  I don't think I ever posted a picture of it all finished - here is what it looks like now.
Here is what that culvert project looks like now.
And............did you spot Poppa in the garage door picture??  What on earth is he up to now???

Oh my gosh!  He's washing down the siding on the workshop and toolshed.  What a job!  I went back to the house to work on my knitting and the next time I saw him....

He was washing the vehicles.  Whew!  And while I was making supper I saw him out on the lawn tractor with Squeegie cutting the grass.  He finally quit and came in to eat.  And that - is a typical day in the life of Poppa.  I'm tired just typing it out!


1 comment:

  1. They do say that people who stay busiest after retirement are the healthiest. Poppa must be realy healthy.
    The overalls are adorable!

    ReplyDelete