Friday, March 5, 2010

Knitted Lace

So, as I said, while Taffy finishes off those socks for Auntie Colleen, I am going to start some knitted lace.  I am using little tiny 2mm size needles and white crochet cotton with a little sparkle added for pizzazz.
Whenever I write a new post on this blog, I ask Poppa and Squeegie to proof-read it for me, because it is quite embarassing to find a typo two days later, after everyone has already read it - oops!  So, of course, par for the course, last night they dutifully sat down in front of the computer (well sort of in front for Squeegie) and read that post.

Now, they have gone golfing, leaving Taffy and I here to do some dusting and typing.

Back home, Uncle Shaun has discovered that even in winter it is still possible to discover new specimens for the Abandoned Series.  We are all wondering if this one was actually abandoned last fall - before the snow fell.  But at least it appears that the snow had melted off the bench - so hopefully it will be off the ground by the time we arrive back in Canada.

And, also back home - little Munchie was trying to read one of his favourite books, and Mommee and Daddee kept interrupting him - to the point where it got annoying and he decided he needed a place to hide and read in peace.  I am familiar with this feeling - it used to be my Mom and Dad, then it became my wonderful daughters, nowadays it seems to be Poppa.  So I can totally empathise with Munchie on this one.

As usual I watched the View this morning - that is such a treat since I don't have the opportunity when I'm at home and going to work....but anyway....this is how the lace project looked by the time the View was over.

1 comment:

  1. Eeeeee! Wow! Pretty pretty lace!

    And c'mon now. Surely I bugged you a time or two when you were trying to read. Isn't that a younger sister's duty? I remember older sisters hassling me when I was younger because they said I read too much. Imagine *g*.

    ReplyDelete