Thursday, March 11, 2010

Yesterday and Today

Yesterday was by far, the nicest day we have had all winter.  It was about 80F and the pool felt wonderful.  It was so hot, that Poppa decided to take it easy in the afternoon and go golfing later.  But, he couldn't keep himself away from his clubs and went out to practise a bit....
He didn't use golf balls, just ticked some tees...apparently that is a good thing to do....and he did quite well!  Mind you, he did manage to break a couple..and then spent quite a few minutes searching in the grass for the little broken-off piece.  You can see that inviting pool in the background and it didn't take long for him to decide to go swimming instead of practicing.

Meanwhile, Taffy worked away at Mommee's silly socks and finished the first one....

While I finished off Auntie Colleen's second piece of lace....

...which ended up at about 27" long...enough for some crafty creations by Auntie Colleen.

Today Poppa spent quite a while getting the villa spotless because two of his sisters are coming to stay for a few days - Auntie Denise and Auntie Grumpy (Pauline).  The place is spotless now and we will head to the airport later to pick them up.  The weather is supposed to be fairly decent after tomorrow when they are calling for rain and storms.  So, probably tomorrow we will spend the day shopping, and the next day head over to Disney or the beach or whatever the sisters would like to do.  Once Poppa got the cleaning and vacuuming all finished he sat down with Squeegie and played some computer games.  He's getting really good at that and he does that when I am watching the View, since he's not that crazy about Barbara, Whoopi and the gang.

I started another piece of lace in the ecru colour.  I started a pattern that I had here and didn't like the way it looked at all.......but I liked elements of it.  So I took the little flower element and put my own trim on the bottom and it looks like this....

It doesn't actually show up too well in this photo, but I'll get a better one when I get it finished (which will be soon - I have about another two inches to go and it will be about 24" long).  But, this gives you the general idea of the size and colour.

So, if there are no new posts for a few days, it's because I'm busy getting pictures of the sisters and all the fun things we are doing while they are here!

2 comments:

  1. Say 'hi' to Aunt Denise and Auntie Grumpy (hee hee!) for me!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The lace is gorgeous. The one you came up with on your own is outstanding. I'm a lucky sister and you are mad talented.
    Have a wonderful visit with the Aunts.

    ReplyDelete