Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Socks and Lace

As I was getting small parcels ready to mail out on Monday, I realized that I hadn't posted a picture of Auntie Colleen's last pair of socks.  Remember Taffy was working on them before she started Mommee's silly socks?  So, here is the picture of Taffy's handiwork all finished.
She's hoping now that Auntie Colleen will like them.  Meanwhile, I am still making lace.  This piece is considerably longer now than when I took this picture, but it looks just like this - only longer.

It is about 24" long now, and I'm almost at the end of that spool of thread, so I'm just going to keep knitting until I run out.  I really didn't intend to make it quite that long, but it's quite an easy repeat and I got carried away while I was watching CSI Miami last night.  Now I'm waiting for advice from Auntie Colleen to let me know which one of these colours she would like me to try next.

Remember the kinda funky socks I made for Mommee?  I suggested to her that it would be nice to see them on feet........and this is what I got..........

I'm quite sure they are too large for this little fellow, but he looks quite pleased with them!  I understand that the weather has been nice and mild up in Canada....the snow is starting to melt away!  Hurray!  Since we have less than a month left of our time in Florida, we are starting to pay more attention to the weather up north.  Uncle Shaun got this picture of a country lane which does seem to indicate less snow than the last few pictures.  I can see the road - but I can also see snowbanks along the sides and between the trees.

However I feel about the snow, it is a captivating photo!

1 comment:

  1. I love the socks. The colours are perfect. Merci.

    I have changed my mind an untold number of times for the colour and gone through all three! I'm so tickled you got all three. Okay... for the next 10 minutes...the cream colour.

    Annie always comes up with the best way to show off the socks. I've still to get creative.

    ReplyDelete