Saturday, May 28, 2011

Beyond Bed and Bath

Beyond the usual houseplant is the current state of my red clover.  That is what my mother called this little slip when she gave it to me about four years (or so) ago.  It has waxed and waned over the years, but I think this is the best I have ever seen it.
And this recent Picture of the Day from Auntie Colleen features an item that goes back in time beyond the ages of my children..who as you know are quite grown up now.  I doubt that they ever knew anyone who owned ..........
....a bicycle quite like this one.  I'm not sure where it was spotted, but the story goes like this:
"Patti and I were out for a drive the other day and she was good enough to stop when I screeched so I could take a shot of this great old bike. I love the basket especially."  I have driven with Auntie Colleen and I can hear that screech in my mind as I type this!  Now, that covers the beyond.  What was next?  Oh yes, bed.  That brings us to Poppa's latest project.  


This is the room that used to be occupied by Kev-Inn.  
What is Poppa doing?  Well, this room had what is usually called a textured - or popcorn - ceiling.  It needed painting to freshen it up, and that textured stuff is really difficult to paint.  So, Poppa decided to sand it all down to smoothen it up as much as possible.  What a job!  Needless to say - there was a lot of dust - notice the crib covered by old blankets to keep it clean for a small occupant.  When Poppa emerged from the room about three hours later he looked like this....
....I'm trying not to think about how much of that stuff he inhaled (and yes, he was wearing a mask, but as you can see, some snuck around it).  Needless to say, he brushed himself off a bit and headed for the shower.  The next day he was back in there.....
........under careful scrutiny vacuuming all that dust up so he could move on to the next step.  Hence, a couple of days later there he was once again.........
.........this time applying that fresh coat of paint to the now flattened ceiling.  What a nice improvement that was!  However, still not finished, a day or two later we were both in there for the next stage...
......which involved changing the colour of the trim from grey to this nice comforting beige colour.  We were quite pleased with it when we were finished and Poppa washed out the empty paint tin and then put it outside to dry in preparation for disposal.......which proved somewhat fruitless since we looked out later and realized..........
.......that it was raining outside and the paint can was getting wetter!  Oh well.  Now we have covered the bed(room) part of this blog post.  Next?  Oh yes........bath!  


It was Bath Day for our dear little fuzzy people today!  They came out of the washing machine a while ago and climbed into the dryer for a fluff job.
Speaking of which, I'd better get away from this computer for a while and see if they are ready to clamber out of there and get dressed!

No comments:

Post a Comment