Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Few More Things

May 2nd, was Great-Gramma's birthday (the day before Aunt Muffy's).  She had a gathering at the home where she lives.  Mommee and the little boys went - and I didn't get very many pictures....but I did get this nice one of Great-Gramma.
There were lots of family members there and we had a nice time - although it was quite short due to the fact that we were having our Easter Dinner that same day and I had to rush home to get the turkey out of the oven.  We had Gramma Grace and Aunt Peggy out for dinner too.  Unfortunately Daddee couldn't come.  We had a very windy day on Wednesday and in the city where Momme and Daddee live it was even windier.  Much to their regret, the wind blew a lot of shingles off their roof and he had to stay home to deal with that.  I was very busy and didn't get many pictures, in fact, sadly I didn't get any of Gramma Grace or Aunt Peggy while they were here.  But - I did get a picture of Munchie on his new trike that Poppa bought for him.
And later when he discovered that he didn't need Poppa to help him if he went down the driveway, instead of up.
Then, there was the rather precious moment when he asked me to take a picture of himself with the two bears that sit near the front door.  He carefully posed them....
...........and then posed himself for the shot....he didn't have quite enough patience to keep looking at me while I got them all in focus, but I loved the whole concept of this little two and half year old setting up the picture.
Isn't that priceless?  We had a nice visit with Gramma Grace and Aunt Peggy, the dinner was good and everyone was full.  And, as usual, it seemed way too soon when it was time to put Little Smiley into his car seat...
...........and wave Good-Bye while we watched Mommee's little black car head out of the driveway for that rather long ride home.
This week we have been busy too.  Poppa visited this place...
........to get some stuff in preparation for opening up his favourite toy....
.........which is up and running - and today a serviceman came from Sundance to repair the LCD lights in the waterfall - and, Poppa just came in from there and pronounced it "perfect-O".  He loves his hot tub.  Finally, one day while we were out for a bit of a drive, I took a picture for Uncle Shaun...
..........because I know he loves the old barns around the region.  This one is quite interesting - but located on the edge of an area that is being developed and I suspect it will soon disappear.

The next blog will be about socks!

1 comment:

  1. I love the barn photo! I'm sure Shaun will too.
    What a beautiful photo of Phil's Mom. She looks so happy. Happy Birthday to her.
    I hear your dinner was delicious.
    I hope the roof was fixed successfully. Oh dear.
    Looks like Munchie might be a stager in training.

    ReplyDelete