Saturday, May 14, 2011

Follow-Ups

A few notes further to previously posted items for your consideration and enjoyment!  There is a sign on the door of the Sundial Inn which looks like this....

.....and I guess that says it all!

Next - an update about socks.  Sometimes I get wonderful pictures back from people who are enjoying their socks.  I got this one from Auntie Denise....
...who seems to be relaxing while enjoying her warm feet.  Then I got this one...
of Mommee and Munchie seeing who had the smallest feet.  I'm pretty sure Munchie won that one!  Notice they each have one foot tilted?  Such camera hams!  Speaking of socks .... I'm not sure if any of you noticed - but when I mail socks from Florida to Canada it generally costs in the neighbourhood of $3.00 per package.  I had been delaying mailing socks from the last draw, since some of them can now be delivered and some people wanted them held until they could pick them up.  I was worrying about the socks for Gramma and Auntie Muffy since they both live further away - and I see them less frequently.  Poppa was thinking of making a visit up north to Auntie Muffy, so I was holding on to hers.  As most of you know, Poppa has had a bout with bronchial pneumonia, so I decided I should just mail Auntie Muffy's socks to her.  Thus, I zipped over to the Post Office outlet and sent them off - with some misgiving - it cost me $11.45 - YIKES!  So, I have decided that hence forward, I will hold socks here until the recipient comes to visit (hint, hint to Auntie Muffy and Gramma!), or until I can deliver them, or until I am back in Florida!  I will probably take Gramma's socks to Daddee's house since I think they see her more often than I do.  Auntie Muffy usually comes for a visit in the late summer - so hopefully she will do that again.  Miss Becky is coming for a visit in July - she can pick hers up then.  Aunt Grumpy picked hers up last weekend at the family gathering for Kevin and Ginger.  The rest are all within deliverable (is that a word?) distance - so expect them soon.  I currently have 3-1/2 pairs ready for the next draw - I think I will make eight pairs so that the last person has at least two pairs to choose from!  Any feedback regarding any of the above is welcome!  And, once again, anyone who is not on the e-mail list - let me know and I will add your name!

1 comment:

  1. That sign makes me so sad. Another vintage landmark gone. What a crime.
    Yikes indeed on the socks. For us, just save the socks and we can connect when you are home!

    ReplyDelete