Thursday, June 9, 2011

Today...

............was a very busy day for us.  My car is in for repairs and won't be ready until tomorrow - so we were down to one vehicle.  This meant that Poppa had to drive me into town to take my Mom to meet her new Doctor.  Her old doctor retired, so I managed to get her in to see my doctor and he kindly agreed to take her on as a new patient.  The good news is that she really liked him!  So that mission was accomplished.

While we were in Florida there was a friendly little squirrel who tried to build a nest in the motor of my car.  He brought in shavings of some nature and a whole whack of nuts and acorns.  Poppa thought he had them all out of there, but as it turned out he had missed some.  The reason he missed them was that they were hidden inside the area where my heater/AC fan resides.  Hence, each time we turned on that fan, the nuts/acorns were preventing it from working properly - and its little motor burnt out.  So, a lot of money and two days later, I will have a new fan motor and no more nuts/acorns.

We are expecting Munchie and his family here on the weekend, so Poppa is doing double time to get the room ready for the little boys and I have been helping when I could.  He is still working up there as I type, but my part is done for the day. So.............

I finally got time to take pictures of those eight pairs of socks.  Gramma got first choice and she is considering her favourite pair right now.  Next will be Auntie Denise's friend Louise.  I believe Auntie Denise is choosing for her.....that will be fun!  Taffy's idea of having people wait until a given time so that everyone had an equal chance to get that first pick just didn't work.  Some people jumped the gun, so to speak, and e-mailed way ahead of time and a few waited as requested.  This whole situation made it very difficult to actually decide who should get first choice.  I reviewed previous blogs and tried to do it as fairly as possible, but not without some angst.  Gramma was the first to e-mail right at 6:30, so I gave her first choice.  However, in view of the problem, I chatted with Mommee - who I thought had a fabulous idea.  I will give you details after this giveaway is complete.

The good news is - the giveaway was successful as far as participation!  I had a good response, albeit a trifle early!  Thanks is due to all who took part!

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear! What an industrious squirrel. And off went her stash back to cooler climes. She'll wonder what happened!

    ReplyDelete