Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Good Morning!

     It's been a few days since my last post - so I'll try to get up-to-date.    I went back to work - part-time only - starting last Wednesday & Thursday.  I will be helping Kev-Inn, since he is helping the boss with some things that are backed up.  It was quite fun and felt natural.  I was off on Friday to take Aunt Peggy for an appointment and go for a vist to see Gramma Grace, along with Auntie Colleen.  Aunt Peggy sailed through a small, out-patient surgical procedure to remove a lesion from her temple.   Poppa went with us to make sure that she was OK walking on her own afterward - but she was fine!  So we dropped her off for a nap and proceeded to Auntie Colleen's to pick her up.  Then Poppa dropped us off to visit with Gramma Grace while he went to her house to mow the lawn.  Gramma Grace seemed to be doing well and we had a nice visit.  When Poppa was finished with the grass, he popped in and stayed for a while visiting with her too.  Then it was over to drop Auntie Colleen off and keep going to get Aunt Peggy's supper ready (for me) and visit Great-Gramma (for Poppa).
     Sunday was Mother's Day - so after church and breakfast we stopped at Aunt Peggy's again - to check and see how she was doing (just fine!) and give her a card.  Then on to Great-Gramma's....
.... where the lighting isn't very good - but the subjects were perfect for this picture.  Gramma-Grace was feeling quite chipper and was happily knitting when we arrived.  We had a really nice visit and after a while left to move on to see Gramma Grace.  We were chatting for a while, when Poppa looked out the window and said.....
..... here comes Aunt Marcia!  So we got to have a chat with her too!  When we left she was still there - we hadn't seen her in a long time and enjoyed the opportunity to catch up.  I really should take the bigger camera for these shots - the lighting in this one is not ideal either!
   This morning, Poppa loaded some things into his big, red truck......
..... made a stop at the donut store for his morning coffee....
......... he wanted me to take this picture so you could see the chrome he bought in Florida, securely in place over the wheel wells.  Yes Poppa - it is a beautiful truck!  Anyway, after coffe, he headed down to Munchie's house.  Last fall he helped Daddy prepare a spot for a small vegetable garden, so now he's off to add some peat moss and plant some seeds!  Hopefully Mommy will get some pictures and send them to me so we can see the progress!
    Meanwhile Daddy has another project going on at Munchie's house.....

........... he has taken the awning off the front of the house in preparation of refurbishing the verandah.  The cement is crumbling and he wants to make it more attractive.  I have no idea what the end product will look like, but I'll keep you as informed as I can.  Curtie found a wandering but friendly cat.....
.... and he thought it would make a nice playmate for Blitzen - but Mommy explained the cat lived down the street and had to go home.  Meanwhile.....
.... I have started plotting the layout for Auntie Colleen's tea cozy, and as I was doing this I realized that.....
... I hadn't made any leaves for accenting around the edges..........so I've started making some....and I'd better get knitting because time is limited these days!  Which reminds me, starting next week I am going to work each day for four hours in the morning.  This will mean that Poppa won't need to get up so early to drive me in to work, he seldom needs the car in the mornings - so I will just drive myself and come home around lunchtime.  Now - back to the knitting kneedles!

1 comment:

  1. How did I get so far behind?
    What nice photos of the ladies.
    Tell Phil his chrome looks great. Really, it does look cool.
    That awning looks pretty amazing coming down like that.
    Wheeeeee! I like those leaves.

    ReplyDelete