Thursday, May 10, 2012

More Flowers

Here is the second set of flowers ready for Auntie Colleen's tea cozy.....
... you probably guessed that the first set was a posy of daffodils. This set is a cluster of water lillies.... I know they don't go together at all, but they are so pretty and could really be any large flower!  When these were finished I made some......
... clematis.  Aren't they pretty with their spiky petals? I am having so much fun with this.... but pretty soon I'd better make the actual cozy so I have something to attach all these flowers onto.  Here is the group photo.....
...... along with the book that served as my inspiration for these particular flowers.  It is Knitted Flowers by Susie Johns.  There are 20 different flowers in this book - all knitted - and I am so happy to have it!  I have made several more flowers since then, but more on that later.  In the meantime, I have also squeezed a little reading.....
.....this is the third book in this series - The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and The Girl Who Played With Fire preceded this one.  They are all good, but I am enjoying this one most of all.  Stieg Larsson has passed away - so this is the end of his books - and I am glad I have been able to read them.  Auntie Colleen is waiting for this one - and since I left Florida and started knitting flowers - it seems to be taking a long time to get to the end of this one.  Be patient Auntie Colleen - I am almost finished now!

1 comment:

  1. The flowers are truly beautiful. Nice!
    I'm intrigued by the book. I hope Salander is doing well.

    ReplyDelete