Wednesday, May 9, 2012

News Flash!

      This is what knitted flowers look like.........
...... when they become a work in progress.  This is the very first batch of flowers I made for Auntie Colleen's tea cozy - which may take a little longer than I anticipated because......

    It is with mixed emotions that I am giving this report!  Yesterday I received a call from my former workplace asking if I would like to work part-time for a while.  With extra dollars for spending in Florida flashing through my mind I said "Yes!".  Now I am up bright and early, having a shower and preparing to head back to "the office".  There will be less time for blogging, knitting and walking to the donut shop - but I am actually looking forward to it as well.  I'm not sure at this point what hours or days I will be working - I will find out today what is required of me and decide from that point, after discussion with the boss, of course.
    On Sunday, Poppa and Squeegie went outside and shortly afterward I heard a noise at the front of the house.....
......... and when I went to investigate I realized that they were cutting the grass - the first time in 2012!  Poppa has already cut the grass and cleaned up the large flower beds at Gramma Grace's house - I've got pictures, but they are on the other camera and I haven't downloaded any pictures from it yet, since getting my laptopback.
     Speaking of the laptop - I apparently lost all the stuff I had on it previously.  The computer doctors installed a new, larger hard drive - that seems to work fine and is quite speedy - but they gave it a different name - and therefore the backup discs will not restore!  This is quite bothersome, but will give me something to work on in my spare time!  Unfortunately I have lost a lot of pictures that are now irretrievable - which is - well - the pits!
    Now - about that first batch of flowers.....
.......... this is what they look like when they have been assembled.  More later..........

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you lost all your goodies on your old hard drive. Rats!
    It is interesting to see the flowers in progress. And the results are stunning.

    ReplyDelete