Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Episode Three - The End

Here is the final picture of Poppa's refurbished trailer......
.......he had a brain-wave and decided to put handles on the tailgate so it would be easy to lift it out.  We made a trip to the landfill site this morning to test it - and it worked like a charm!  I was trying to persuade Poppa to paint it burgundy to match Monster (his truck), but he seems to be opting for a flat black, with aluminum trim....we'll see what happens.  For now this is it!  Meantime, Taffy placed the last pin in place............
..........on the last three finished pieces of lace from my lace bin.  Are you wondering why she only does three pieces at a time, when there is clearly more space on her lace syrofoam?  Well, each piece takes a lot of pins..........
...........and I only had one little packet of them....so she was limited by the number of pins.  I bought them at the Jo-Anne store in Florida last winter, so I will look for some more when we go down in December.  Yes - December!  For the first time ever we will be in Florida for Christmas!  I have been talking for years about presents under a palm tree..........this year should see my dream come true!  In preparation I have started amassing some sock yarn....
........so that when we arrive there, I will be ready for another sock giveaway!  I hope everyone will want more socks!  But, I digress - after Taffy's last lot of lace was finished blocking, it moved to the ironing board.....
...........where it is lightly starched and pressed to as close to perfect as she can get it.  Then it is set on the table to completely set up and dry out....
.......after which, it is carefully folded and placed in a bag to be transported to Auntie Colleen's place.  This also enable me to move Taffy's styrofoam off the kitchen counter and use one of those large tomatoes............
...from our backyard to prepare this rice dish......
.......while experimenting with my camera the other day to adjust lighting - I discovered that it had a special setting for food - which enabled me to adjust the colour tint until it looked right - so I was compelled to try it......the photo above is the result!  I then used that same setting to get some nice shots of the lace.  I have noticed that flourescent lighting often returns a yellowish hue to my photos...and this setting eliminates it!  I was quite pleased.  And, that ends the tale of the lace - since all the finished lace is now ready to go.  Which caused me to look for another project ........ I started a new book..........
.............which required a new bookmark (so it would match)....... I'm quite sure that is Squeegie on the bookmark - don't you think?  And there was that knitting project you were guessing about at the end of the last post.  Here is a picture of that project..........
..........after each person had chosen their scarf from the scarf giveaway.......I asked them if they would like a hat and mittens to match.  Everyone responded positively.  This is the first one.  I still have to make one more mitten.  I think the person who chose the scarf will recognize it!  One more thing before I sign off...........for those who wonder what Poppa is doing now..........
......when I tracked him down, he was trimming the edges around the lawn.  What was Squeegie doing?
As usual, he was waiting for Poppa...........we're leaving now to head to Aunt Peggy's!  Later!

1 comment:

  1. I loveloveflove the mitts and hat! They scream my name. Congratulations for your Christmas present. Our loss is your gain and I know how much it means to you to be there.
    All the lace is beautiful. That bottom piece is beyond beautiful. What a lot of work to process. Thank you and Taffy so much. Cards will come.
    Okay, I vote for burgandy now. I suppose black is simple and classy and manly.
    I'm sure you will share your rice recipe. Like the camera adjustments.
    I like how your bookmarks match your books. That's as it should be *g*.
    Yes to socks!

    ReplyDelete