Sunday, September 18, 2011

Poppa Update

Today Poppa seemed a little better.  It is a slow process.  He is still suffering from severe headache and nausea if he waits too long for his medication.  The nursing staff brings it when he asks, because they need to know if the time lapse is getting longer, indicating that the condition is declining....but he is shy about asking and waits too long.........initiating a bout of severe pain and miserable nausea.  So, while I was there, when he said he felt nauseous...I told him to push the call button.  The nurse was in the room in about two minutes with the meds...............then he tells her his head is aching too (he didn't mention that to me!).........so as soon as the anti-nausea meds were in, she brought pain meds and in about 20 minutes he was feeling much better.  I hope he learned from that experience, to call right away when his head starts to ache!  However, all that aside, he was better and went from 2am to 3pm without meds at all.....which was the longest span to-date.  We chatted all day again, and had a nice visit....he even had a shower (with a little help from me).........lost one of his IV attachments while in there........so now he only has two!  When I got there, he was actually sitting on the edge of the bed having his lunch!  Now that wasn't too exciting, he had chicken broth, tea, juice and jello...he's on a liquid diet for the time being.  But he felt well enough to sit up and eat it, and that was good!  I didn't get any pictures today.......I forgot to put the camera back in my purse after downloading yesterday's pictures.....so to make up for that........here is a really cute picture I received recently...........
........of Daddy showing Little Smiley how to hang on, so Munchie could take him for a ride on the Jeep.

1 comment:

  1. I remember being told one of the best things a patient can be is a squeaky wheel. So squeak when you need to, Phil!
    Our best to you both.
    To the adorable boys: keep driving.
    Thanks for updating the news.

    ReplyDelete