Saturday, September 17, 2011

New Development

This morning I get up and shuffle around here for a while, then decide I am too antsy to do anything but go to the hospital and check on Poppa.  When I arrive they inform me that I will have to put on a gown, mask, gloves, etc. before I can enter the room!  What?  They have now determined that Poppa has meningitis!  They are quite sure it is the viral kind, which is not serious - unlike the bacterial kind.  I'm thinking Gosh, if he's this sick with the mild version, what must it be like to have the bad kind?  Wow!  However, on the other hand, I found him much brighter than yesterday, he stayed awake and chatted the whole time I was there.  They have moved him into an isolation unit in the main part of the hospital...and right now he is supposed to be taking a nap.  I am going to water the plants and head back into town shortly.  I will keep you updated as best I can.

1 comment: