Sunday, September 4, 2011

What is Taffy Doing?

What is Squeegie doing?
Oh wait a minute...you wanted to know what Poppa was doing!  Well - let's have a look and see.
He is taking his trailer apart.  When he got it, the sides and tailgate were made of plywood and after about 10 years of use, the plywood had deteriorated to the point of collapse.  As you can see all the wood parts are off now and he has a platform trailer.  So what was Squeegie doing?  He was waiting at the truck for Poppa to go and get new lumber to put the trailer back together again.
And there they go!  But - what is Nanna doing?
Well, I had snuck into the workshop and emerged with a large piece of styrofoam.  What for?  That brings us right back to where we started.  What was Taffy doing?  Let's take a closer peek at that plastic container she was reaching into.....
Oh!  It's my lace bin...and it looks like some of the pieces are missing.  She was awaiting my arrival with a large piece of styrofoam so she could cover it with a towel and block some more lace for me!  She's such a little helper!  All rested up now, she was eager to get some lace ready for Auntie Colleen.
Already, she has four pieces all dampened and pinned out to block.  Closer look?  Sure!
There are two red pieces and.....
..........three pieces in pastel variegated.  It's kinda hard to see them well on that towel, but you get the idea........and you can see how many pins Taffy had to put in there to get them all as perfect as possible!  While I was checking on Taffy, I thought I heard Poppa and Squeegie returning....
...........sure enough - Squeegie had brought a bag of hardware and then he got out of the truck to help unload the lumber.......
...........and Poppa was ready to re-create his trailer - more on that later.  Taffy wanted me to stop and show you our tomato plants.......
..........because while I was writing this blog post, she went out and picked this one..........
........which we are definitely having with our supper tonight...........and then she pinned out three more pieces of lace....
..........all this lace activity takes quite a while....you can see she changed outfits before the end of this post................and see how cleverly she used the grid on the towel to keep the small pieces of lace straight?  What a girl!  End of episode one..............to be continued!

1 comment:

  1. Look at the lovely lace! What a lot to go through. I guess I'd better darn well get back to my cards since my talented Sister has done all that work. Merci beau coup.
    I like how Taffy stayed to help with the lace and Squeegie went off to the hardware store.
    Your tomatoes are gorgeous. We tried growing some of ours in pots last year and they only gave us a couple of small tough tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete