Monday, September 26, 2011

Saturday & Sunday

Saturday kept us busy.  We woke up early to hook up Poppa's IV.  It worked quite well and we were quite pleased.  Poppa was feeling a little more chipper than the day before - hurray!  In the afternoon Uncle Ernie and Aunt Lynda came to visit.  Uncle Ernie and Poppa had a visit, while Aunt Lynda sewed the seams on the curtains I had prepared - silly me - I didn't get any pictures during their visit.  And, just after the curtains were finished, Auntie Denise, Tracy and Aunt Jeannie arrived for a visit as well!  Lots of company for Poppa.  While Uncle Ernie was here, I asked him to hook up Poppa's IV so I could watch - wondering if I was doing something wrong. His method was a little different from the nurse from the agency and I was glad I had asked.  The IV ran fine and again Poppa and I were quite pleased.  Once more, and we settled down for the night.  It was so nice to have the company and so nice that we finally have a space in the basement where everyone can visit.  Speaking of which, now that Mommee has seen the re-vamped living room on the main floor, I can show you a picture.....
......this is the view from our front entrance.  We rather like it, since we had the rose-coloured set in there for the last 30+ years!  This is a pleasant change!  So, even though we actually planned to put this suite in the basement, things worked out just fine.  Sunday morning, the IV went well and Poppa started to decide what he wanted to do.  After his infusion and after some breakfast (our usual Sunday morning jaunt to the restaurant in town!!), he decided to...........
......do something about this bare window in our new rec room...........so..........
.....there he is climbing on that rose sofa to put up a curtain rod - complete with drill and IV port.  I thought maybe he shouldn't be doing that, but the end result was ..............
....... very nice - Thank You to Aunt Lynda for bringing out her sewing machine and hemming the curtains for us!  When that project was finished, Poppa was feeling ambitious, so we drove back into town and bought some paint for his trailer.  He worked on that until it was time for his next hook-up.  Oh Dear!  We don't know if he bumped his port, or if, once again, his poor over-poked vein just collapsed from the stress.  When I tried to flush the line, it just pushed out around the entry point.  Soooooooo, once again we headed off to the ED.  After a short wait (that seemed long), he suffered through another round of attempts to insert a new line.  On the third try, the nurse got lucky and found a vein that would work.  Whew!  What a nuisance this is all becoming!  Therefore, today he is taking it easy and trying very hard not to jostle the line.  We made it through the morning session, just 5 more to go and he will be finished!  He just can't wait!  Meanwhile, during the time he has been persevering with all that hassle, I have been knitting.  I finished Mommee's scarf set...........
..........and started Gramma's...........
....well okay, just started, but since I took this picture I have one mitten done and the second one started.  Of course, I have also started a new book.........
.........which is a typical Michael Crichton scientific thriller.  I haven't actually gotten very far into it, and I haven't chosen a bookmark yet!

1 comment:

  1. Love the new furniture. A whole different look. Upstairs and down are really coming together.
    The scarf sets are lovely and unique.
    Thanks for the updates.

    ReplyDelete