Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Project Update

As a follow-up to our entry into the USofA...I downloaded the pictures from the big camera...and discovered this photo........as soon as we reached the other side of this bridge we had left Canada!
It is a long bridge from Windsor to Detroit.  Squeegie hates bridge - especially ones which span lakes and/or rivers - he dislikes water (especially baths), and this bridge always freaks him out, but he settles down once we are across and he knows he is in his original homeland.  While we were driving along I was working on this project.
The yarn is Bamboo & Ewe - a superfine wool/bamboo blend - made in Turkey - and distributed by Jo-Ann Stores.  It is surprisingly soft.  Bamboo - who'd have thought!  This is how the socks looked when we arrived at the villa.  I commandeered a large plastic bowl as my work basket - the yarn unravels easily from the skein in plastic.  Usually I use an ice cream container, but we don't have one as yet - so I improvised and it works quite nicely.

Yesterday we went for a walk around - we espied this little fellow basking in the warm sunshine...
These little geckos are all over the place down here, but this is the first one we had seen this visit.  All those houses we saw partly finished last year are completed and look like they've been there forever.  When we got back, Poppa decided to sit in the sun for a while...
... and later we went for a dip in the pool, but by the time I thought about the camera we were both in there all wet and too drippy to retrieve the camera for pictures.  After supper I took a picture of the finished Bamboo & Ewe socks...
........and started a new project.  It looked like this just before I went to bed last night....
We have tentatively scheduled a dinner out tonight with Poppa's cousin - we usually do that every year before they head back to Canada after their Christmas spent in Florida.  I am awaiting a phone call to give us a time.  Poppa got bored, grabbed his book and his i-Pod and headed outside again....
....and it didn't take very long for Squeegie to follow suit.
Just before I sat down to post this blog segment I took this picture..........

........yep - those small socks don't take very long to finish!  I guess I'll start a larger pair now to use up some of that sock yarn stash I brought.  I just couldn't resist these colours - they looked perfect for a little boy to me!  I'll send off the Bamboo & Ewe socks to Kev-Inn the sock-tester, and get this pair off to Munchie soon!

As usual, I will end with a picture of my little boys.........and this one is special ............ it includes my daughter - Mommee!


2 comments:

  1. Munchie is going to LOVE the new socks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a really nice photo of Annie and the children. The socks are lovely. The gecko is even cuter than the Geico gecko and I love him. Do bears get sunburn?

    ReplyDelete