Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sox Alert!

I have been busily knitting silly socks since I arrived in Florida.  I currently have six pairs finished.  The completed socks are a generic size and will fit most people interested.... with some exceptions.........they are too small for Kev-Inn, Buddy and Uncle Brian........and too large for Granny.  Anyone else interested, contact Taffy at her own e-mail address (taffy.robert@gmail.com).  At that time I will send you photos of the available socks and you can pick the ones you like best.  For lack of a better method, this will be done on a first come, first served basis.  For anyone who misses this chance and still wants a pair - there will be more.  Taffy will list all takers in the order she is notified, and those who are on the list, but didn't get a chance on this alert, will be at the top of the list for the next alert.  Does that sound fair?  Does anyone have a better idea?  Hopefully I will find takers for all the finished socks.......I don't want to pack them all for the trip back home in April!  Here is the first pair I finished.
This is an example - but each pair is unique and some are sillier than others.  They are all made with 4" cuffs so that they can be folded down if desired.  There are various colours too.  Taffy will be waiting to hear from you!

I received this picture the other day from Auntie Colleen with the following blurb:
"On the weekend, Shaun took '50s-style photos in our local laundramat. They please my vintage heart."
Click on it to make it larger and absorb the atmosphere.  Interesting and worthy of a closer look!

1 comment: