Monday, June 15, 2009

Imagination

OK - use your imagination now and picture this circle with arms....yep...that's right, this is the circle sweater just prior to starting the arms. You can see the two openings where the arms will be added. I am doing them in a lovely beige boucle - the same one I used for the final few rounds of the circle - which doesn't show up too well in the picture, unfortunately. But - it will show up better when I get the arms on. I had a lot of fun making this, but before I do another one, I think I will get an even larger circular needle. I want to make another one using a lot of left over yarn from my stash - since, as you can see, I just kept knitting in the round until I ran out of that colour and then started another one - excellent way to use up some of those odd bits that I can't match any more.


We went for a visit to Munchkin's last Thursday and stayed with him while Mama and Daddad went out for dinner. Unfortunately for us, he slept the whole time they were gone! But we had a nice visit and I thought I would put this picture here for you to admire our Canadian Male Munchkin Model doing a stint for the diaper company - yes he still works for them. I imagine he will for quite some time yet as he does such a good job and looks so cute wearing their product. Mama phoned the other day - quite excited - after eight months of getting up during the night - our little Munchkin actually slept all the way through the night! Of course, Mama spent the last few hours of the night worrying about whether or not he was all right in there, so didn't actually get any extra sleep - but it bodes well for the coming weeks anyway!


Now for the pretty part of the post - here is a shot of Auntie Colleen's opium-producing portion of her garden. This is a beautiful poppy - it must be the season of poppies as you can see this one is just gorgeous. We hear so much about the drug aspect of these flowers, that we often forget how lovely they are. I remember poppies growing at the back of our farmhouse when I was a child - next to the outside cellar entrance - they looked a lot like this one!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on sleeping the night through. Too funny that Annie couldn't enjoy it for worrying. That would be me *g*.
    I never thought about the drug aspects of our poppies... hmmmm... maybe that's how I could earn some income... kidding...

    ReplyDelete