Wednesday, June 3, 2009

It's June!

Yes...it is June already! How time flies when a person is retired and working - Hee! The weather has been chilly and rainy lately and that is counter-productive to a lot of the projects that Poppa would like to work on. So...tonight he took Squeegie and left after supper to go and tend to mowing duties at Great-Grandma Grace's and Aunt Peggy's houses. Auntie Maureen called for a chat, and before I could look at the clock it was already 9:10pm! Whew!

I finished up that baby afghan and put some crocheted trim on it. Folded it and placed it in the finished bin. One of these days I will have to pull all that stuff out and get some pictures of it...for now it is safe and protected from dust. I looked around to see what I could do next and found some really nice colours in knitting worsted weight. After some consideration I decided to make one of those sweaters that are really a great big circle with arms. The lighting didn't seem to lend itself to a good shot, but I let Taffy keep working on it while I snapped some pictures. At this point it really doesn't look like much - and I have ordered a larger size of those wonderful Addi Turbo circular needles so it won't be so crowded on those 32 inchers. It is really fun to make and doesn't require a lot of thinking - hence a good project for watching TV in the evenings.
We had a tax auditor in this week reviewing our GST and QST payments. He required some historical information that was stored at the old plant, which is now just used for a pattern shop and pattern storage. I went down there and snapped a couple of pictures for posterity, since Poppa worked there for 10 years, and then I worked there for 8 years, before the offices were re-located to their present location in a much newer building. Unfortunately I couldn't get into the actual office since that area is leased out to our local Air Cadets, but I got a few interesting shots - including this one of the Pattern Shop where Poppa used to work.

Munchkin is thriving! He is developing his own little personality, as well as likes and dislikes. One of his latest favourites is watered down fruit punch, which Mama bought on sale and Dadad decided to let Munchie have a sample. He is crawling more adeptly than last time I saw him trying and I can't wait to watch him perform for us this weekend when he comes for a visit.


I feel a compelling need to show you this picture of our province's flower - the trillium - which Auntie Colleen has growing in that intriguing backyard over at her house. I have never seen one this colour any place and am smitten with this photo. On the weekend Poppa and I went for a drive northward from our place. We spied some trilliums growing along the road and I scanned them for a red trillium..............nope. There were white ones, and the pale pinky-purple I am accustomed to seeing, but nary a one like this delightful speciman. Auntie Colleen and Uncle Shaun have the most interesting backyard evah!

1 comment:

  1. Love love love the shot of the pattern shop. How interesting.

    Trying to imagine a circle sweater with arms.

    CMMM always looks so happy. Nice!

    ReplyDelete