Monday, June 29, 2009

Walkways, Visitors and Laughter

A milestone has been reached in the landscaping project at the front of the house. We now have a very attractive walkway leading to the front steps. I'm quite proud of it, and quite proud of my personal landscaper - kudos to Poppa. It was a lot of hard work, and he did an excellent job........and the project is only partly done at this point. I'll keep you apprised of the progress.


I do believe we are having visitors this coming weekend. It is hard to believe but according to a phone call I received the other evening, Muffy and Pal are coming for a visit! It will be nice to see her - it seems like a long time since she moved "up north". And now, she is coming "down south" on her week-long vacation. And just to make it even better, Munchkin is bringing his parents to visit as well! So I will have my own little family all together for at least a couple of days!



So, while I was cleaning the house in preparation for my weekend of visitors, I realized that I had omitted to show off one of my favourite birthday presents from this year. Auntie Colleen scored again. I'm not sure how well you can see these, but she created some adorable, unique business cards for me! The obvious problem is that I don't really want to give them away! Maybe I can make photocopies! Hee!



Remember Munchkin on safari? Well, he just had to tell Mama all about it. As you can see - they both had a good laugh about it all. The safari did not interfere with Munchie's desire to join the Chippendales though....here he is pumping up to get his body all buffed up for stage appearances. Hmmm.... looking good little guy! Oh yes, not to forget the big news of the day either. Mama phoned me all excited about what a wonderful day it was....I thought she had won the lottery or something. As it turned out, she was sharing an important event with Munchie - he has a tooth! Now we'll watch for little teeth marks on the furniture!



Oh yes - last but not least - here are the finished socks for Mama. I will give them to her when she comes this weekend....and if we are lucky maybe she will try them on and point her toes for us! I think they're kind of cute. I'm not sure what I'll start on next.......guess I'll go look through my yarn stash and try to decide.

1 comment:

  1. It is great to see Mama and Munchkin so happy together.
    Really nice socks too.
    Thank you for taking photos of the business cards. I can't believe I forgot. Enjoy!
    Sounds like you have a great weekend planned. Love to all.

    ReplyDelete